Most of us are in an extraordinary situation right now, as we try suppress the COVID-19 coronavirus. As we distance ourselves from others, we’re all mindful that we still need to look after our clients, and that still means issuing and tracking keys.
We’ve already helped a number of you adapt to ensure your key processes still operate safely and securely when the office is unattended or on a skeleton staff.
I hope the below list is a helpful reminder of the ways you can use Keyzapp to manage keys and access to buildings/rooms whilst maintaining social distance.
1. Call us if you need anything!
All of us at Keyzapp are here for you as usual, so please do reach out if we can be of any assistance. We’re working mostly from home (so if you call us, please forgive any background child or pet noises!). Do call us anytime if you need help, on +44 (0)3300 88 55 01. Don’t forget the support portal is there if you need it.
The below tips utilise some features that are only available on our professional subscription and above. During the period of the Coronavirus, we are offering these features free to everybody, so if you can’t see the feature you need, please give us a call.
2. Make sure everyone can log in from home or mobile phone
You can make Keyzapp accessible to anyone from anywhere by giving them a username and password. It will work just as it does in the office.
- Existing users just need to go to https://www.keyzapp.com/login and enter their username and password to gain access.
- This works just as well from a mobile as from a laptop or tablet
Once logged in it’s a good idea save a shortcut to your phone’s home screen or desktop, so you can get back quickly.
3. Find, issue and check what’s going on with your keys, wherever you’re working
Once you’re logged in, it’s easy to see what’s going on and help others take keys and return keys- even if you’re not there to help them in person.
- You can use Keyzapp’s search from any location to see which keys are available right now (or if they’re not in the office, who has them)
- You can tell people by phone which keys they need to get and can remotely sign the keys in and out to them without having to physically scan the key.
- Keep an eye on the activity within the office even if you’re not there in person
4. Use reservations when you know a key is going to be needed
Keyzapp allows you to add a reservation note against a key if you know someone is going to need it. This not only helps stop others taking the key when someone is on their way to get it, but the reservations are recorded, so you can see who was supposed to get a key at a certain time, and check if they did.
5. Give your trusted contractors an account to look up keys themselves
You might want your more trusted contractors to have a degree of self-sufficiency during these difficult times, so that they are not directly reliant on you. You can choose to give them some limited access to Keyzapp to find and sign out their own keys. Here are two options:
Option 1: Key Holder
The Key Holder account is very limited, giving people access only to the keys that they are currently holding. They can sign the keys out by scanning the tag on their mobile phone, but cannot sign them back in again – this needs confirmation from you. They also cannot search for keys, so they’ll need to be told exactly which key number to collect.
Option 2: Key Holder Plus (Recommended)
This type of user account is great for trusted contractors, as they can search for properties to find the keys they need, then sign them in and out themselves. It doesn’t provide any personal data beyond the name of the person who holds a key (so is GDPR compliant), nor will let let them see the activity history or download reports of your properties.
6. Set up any computer in the office as a self-service kiosk
With more people working outside of the office, you may have a free computer you can use as a dedicated terminal for looking up keys. It’s secure, and is as easy to use as a Supermarket Self-Service checkout. Here’s how it works:
- Give everyone an ID fob (if you don’t have any to hand, give us a call and we’ll sort you out!)
- When a user scans their ID on the designated computer, they are instantly logged in (no need for a password as the physical tag provides the security)
- They can search and sign out keys according to their permissions
- When finished, the Kiosk goes back to a blank screen, ready for the next user.
Check out Phillip’s introduction here:
To set up a kiosk, you’ll need to create a special “Kiosk” user and log it in, on the computer you choose. There are a few other things we can do to really optimise the experience for you, so give us a call and we’ll gladly talk you through it
Please take care of yourselves and contact us if we can help
Here’s our number again, and as always we’re glad to help you out wherever we can.
- Call on +44(0) 3300 88 55 01
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org